General Criteria for Use
- Not for profit use.
- A range of arts activites such as performing arts and visual arts
- Programs, classes, demonstrations, and performances.
- Groups compatiable with the resident theatre.
- Groups that fit into the time constrains of the centre
- Groups that contribute to the overall goal
- Groups that provide a finacial contribution in accordance with current rates.
Jericho Arts Centre Criteria for Productions
The following criteria are to be used by the jury when assessing applications for groups wishing to be part of the season they are in approximate order of priority:
General Contribution to the Overall Season
- Strength of the script/piece to be performed
- Does the work enhance the season which needs to include theatre, music and dance
- Does the work contribute to involving all ages and diverse ethnicities over the season
- Will this provide experience that helps bridge between amateur and professional status
Marketability of the Production
- Strength of the Marketing Plan
- Credibility, skill, experience and training of personnel involved
- Strength of creative vision for the production
Practicality of the Budget
- Is it realistic and does it balance
- Does it cover all the elements necessary for a successful production.
Practicality of the Technical and Performance Schedule
- Is there enough time scheduled to accomplish technical requirements
- Is the performance schedule appropriate
Connection to West Point Grey
- Are the artists involved currently residing on or hailing from West Point Grey
- Is the theme of the show relevant to or pertaining to the West Point Grey community